Terms & Conditions
1. For the purpose of these terms and conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
a. The term "company" shall mean Russell Haskins Heating & Plumbing Limited
b. The term "customer" shall mean the person or organisation for whom the company agrees to carry out works and/or supply materials
PROVISION OF SERVICES
1. The price quoted is open for acceptance within 30 days providing that the services commence within 90 days from the date of the quotation. If the customer decides to commence work after this time, the company will let him/her know if there has been a change in the price requiring a revised quotation and the reasons why.
2. The company will provide a written quote when required/requested. The quote will include the cost of installing or repairing central heating equipment or gas appliances as discussed with the customer and/or specified in the quote.
3. The time estimate provided for completion of installation is a best estimate of the likely time scale prior to commencement of the services provision, and the company cannot accept liability for any cost, losses or expense incurred by the customer as a result of any delays.
4. The price specified in the quotation does not include the price of removing any dangerous waste material such asbestos found when installing/ repairing/ maintaining the customer's central heating/ gas appliance.
5. Chemical treatment of central heating pipe work carries a slight risk of opening old leaks on the system. This can not be covered by any estimate that does not expressly include such remedial work; nor can the company's insurance policy cover any damage or additional costs associated with any related leak.
6. The conversion of an open vented heating system to a sealed type (unvented cylinders like Megaflo) puts the system under higher working pressure. This can lead to small pre-existing holes or loose pipes in the heating system to start leaking or become more noticeable. This shall not be deemed the responsibility of the operative of the company. Should such a failure occur additional work may be required at an additional cost.
7. The installation of unvented cylinders or similar appliances requires the notification of the local building authorities. The customer is responsible to make this notification.
1. For services over £400.00 a deposit of up to 50% may be required prior to commencement of services.
2. Payments are strictly 7 days from completion of services. Statutory interest will be charged on overdue accounts.
3. The company reserves the right to withdraw from site if the contract payment schedule is not adhered to. The company will retain ownership of any materials until full payment is received. Any materials can be recoverable by the company in the event of non-payment. The customer agrees to allow access to site for this purpose.
4. If the company is doing work at the customer's rented property on behalf of a landlord, the tenant has to be bound by the terms of the contract and if for any reason the landlord refuses to pay, the tenant will be liable to pay and reclaim all cost back from the landlord.
1. All work carried out by the company carries a full 12 months guarantee except for servicing, maintenance or repair work which is guaranteed for 28 days.
2. The company cannot guarantee any services, parts and equipment supplied to the customer if:
a. They suffer misuse, treated negligently or if the company's work is repaired, modified, or tampered with by someone else
b. The material used is supplied by the customer
c. The company indicates that further works need to be carried out
1. If the customer cancels an order placed the following terms apply:
a. If orders or payments are cancelled for any reason prior to commencement of services provision the customer will be refunded any monies paid in relation to those purchases
b. The charges for any services already commenced and materials used up to the time of cancellation will be payable immediately
1. These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between the company and the customer shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
2. Acceptance of our goods, services or quotation is automatic acceptance of these terms and conditions.