If you are considering installing underfloor heating in your property, our expert heating engineers can assess your property and advise you on the most appropriate underfloor heating solution to your needs.
If you would like to arrange for a free, no obligation quote, please contact us by completing our contact form or call us on 020 8787 5961
Underfloor Heating – How does it Work?
Underfloor heating works by pumping a controlled flow of warm water from any heat source through plastic tubes that cover the entire space of the floor to create an evenly distributed heat radiating from the floor upwards.
Underfloor heating creates a pleasant living space, as the heat is generated at foot level, keeping the air cooler at the top level of the room.
Keeping the floor warm ensures even distribution of heat across the entire space of the room. In addition, hot feet and cooler air at the face height is much more comfortable for the body than radiated heat from a single point like central heating radiators.
Advantages of Underfloor Heating:
- Even temperature distribution across the living area
- Lower operating costs compared to traditional radiators
- Space saving – no need to have radiators on the walls
- Warmer on your feet
- Can be installed under most floor types — wood, tile, laminate and heat-resistant carpet
- Can be installed on any kind of sub floor — plywood, floorboards, concrete or screed