Unvented Hot Water Cylinders (Megaflo)
If you want to increase the hot water pressure and flow in your home or you are having your loft converted, you should consider installing an unvented hot water cylinder or Megaflo. Russell Haskins Heating & Plumbing are BPEC certified installers of unvented hot water cylinders. Call us now on 020 8787 5961 or complete the contact form for a non-obligation quote.
What is a Megaflo?
High pressure hot water storage cylinders provide a highly efficient way of storing and distributing domestic hot water throughout your home at mains pressure.
Because water comes directly from the mains supply, and not from a cold water storage cistern/tank, the flow rate and pressure from an unvented cylinder to the outlets (taps and shower heads) is much greater than from the cold water storage tank.
Unvented hot water cylinders are ideal for properties with more than one bathroom/shower or with a loft conversion as they can provide flow rates in excess of 22 litres per minute and meet demand for simultaneous use of hot water from different outlets.
An unvented cylinder can be directly heated by electric immersion heaters or indirectly heated by a central heating boiler.
Megaflo (often misspelt Megaflow) is the brand leader in unvented domestic water heating and it is manufactured by Heatrae Sadia.
What are the Benefits of Megaflo Cylinders?
- Powerful mains pressure showering, faster filling baths and faster running taps, no need for booster or shower pumps
- Balanced hot and cold flow rate to all outlets at relatively high pressure (up to 72 litres/min)
- Fast recovery rates (e.g. 15 minutes for CL125HE)
- No need for water storage tanks or external expansion vessels
- More hygienic when compared to conventional vented hot water systems as the water is not stored in tanks which can allow bacterial growth
- Quicker and more energy efficient at heating water and retain the water temperature for longer
- Duplex stainless steel construction of the cylinder gives maximum heat retention. This increases the efficiency of your boiler and lowers running costs
- Very reliable, require very little maintenance and come with a 25 year transferable warranty
- Cylinder can be sited almost anywhere within the property